I help people and businesses embrace the creativity of transitions.
“I consider her to be one of the best,” Founder; organizational and coaching client
“Your leadership has a social consciousness,” Chief Development Officer
What kind of transitions?
I work with all kinds of transitions, as long as you have a willingness to use the energy and restlessness of this time to dig deep and get to work creatively building your future.
Transition examples include (and often multiple situations apply at once):
- Retirement or job changes
- New jobs, new businesses or just feeling ‘stuck’
- Organizational stage changes (ex. start-up to scale-up)
- Becoming a parent or a grandparent
- Becoming a parental caregiver
- Sickness and loss
- Other changes in identity, dreams and expectations
Who do you work with?
People and businesses who are actively in a transition and want help navigating it, or who see a transition coming and want to be prepared, are my best clients.
One-on-one coaching can be confidential or part of a larger corporate package, depending on your needs.
We meet for you. We focus on your sore spots, your challenges, your concerns. Our time together will not be guided by an external curriculum or “secret 3 step” program. No gimmicks. Just the work of holistic growth. We may bring in a variety of modalities and tools, but those serve as supports and challenges along your journey. They are not the journey.
My approach is presence-based, holistic, multi-level and multi-channel. We will both look at the deeper issues below a difficult situation and also discuss practical ways to move forward.
And yes, there may be homework.
About Sally Blue:
20+ years in social change work
Both frontline and management experience
Strategic capacity builder
Believer in the power of transitions
- Bryn Mawr College, self-designed Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies (1998)
- Additional course work in the Latin American Studies Department at UT Austin
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala – internship with El Proyecto La Pedrera, an educational NGO
- Emory University, Candler School of Theology, Masters of Theological Studies, concentration in community cultivation (2000)
- Training in pastoral counseling
- Hospital chaplain, oncology and pulmonology
- Integrative Wellness Academy, Integrative Wellness and Life Coaching training (Summer and Fall 2017)
- Leadership Austin Class of 2017
- Beyond Diversity: Courageous Conversations (Fall 2018)
- Prosocial Design Workshop (Fall 2019)
Work and Community Experience
Sally has worked in a variety of settings – university offices, Girl Scout campfires, unpaved paths in the mountains of Guatemala, board rooms, and sustainable gardens, to name a few of the more than 50 transitioning orgs she has worked with to date.
After serving in both frontline and management positions, including six months as an Interim Executive Director, Sally joined a nationally-recognized consulting firm where she facilitated strategic planning and visioning work, capital campaigns, and training for Boards, volunteers and staff. She founded Sally Blue Consulting in 2013.
An active volunteer in the community, Sally is past Board President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Austin Chapter, a mentor for young professionals, and a graduate of Leadership Austin Essentials Class of 2017. When she’s not at theater practice with her daughter Ruby, Sally’s working on her first novel and plotting her next trip to Mexico or maybe the beach.
It is an honor to be part of the scary, dynamic, transformational process of change. It’s how we challenge each other to be our best selves – and truly make a better world.
Coach + Consultant + Guide
Call or text: 512.417.9267