Passionate social change advocate committed to sustainable growth and innovative solutions.
“I consider her to be one of the best,” Nonprofit founder; organizational and coaching client
“Your leadership has a social consciousness,” Chief Development Officer
About Sally Blue:
20+ years in social change work
Both frontline and management experience
Strategic capacity builder for people and organizations
Believer in the power of transitions
- Bryn Mawr College, self-designed Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies (1998)
- Additional course work in the Latin American Studies Department at UT Austin
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala – internship with El Proyecto La Pedrera, an educational NGO
- Emory University, Candler School of Theology, Masters of Theological Studies, concentration in community cultivation (2000)
- Training in pastoral counseling
- Hospital chaplaincy work
- Integrative Wellness Academy, Integrative Wellness and Life Coaching training (Summer and Fall 2017)
- Leadership Austin Class of 2017
- Beyond Diversity: Courageous Conversations (Fall 2018)
Work and Community Experience
Sally has worked in a variety of settings – university offices, Girl Scout campfires, unpaved paths in the mountains of Guatemala, board rooms, and sustainable gardens, to name a few of the more than 50 nonprofits in transition she has worked with to date.
After serving in both frontline and management positions, including six months as an Interim Executive Director in North Carolina, Sally joined Dini Spheris, one of the largest and most established national consulting firms focused on the nonprofit sector. Working across the sector and across the country, Sally facilitated strategic planning and visioning work, capital campaigns, and training for Boards, volunteers and staff.
An active volunteer in the community, Sally is past Board President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Austin Chapter, Mentor for young professionals, and a graduate of Leadership Austin Essentials Class of 2017. When she’s not at theater practice with her daughter Ruby, Sally’s working on her first novel and plotting her next trip to Mexico.
It is an honor to be part of the scary, dynamic, transformational process of change. It’s how we challenge each other to be our best selves – and truly make a better world.
Coach + Consultant + Guide
Call or text: 512.417.9267