I help people and businesses embrace the creativity of transitions.
What kind of transitions?
I work with all kinds of transitions, as long as you have a willingness to use the energy and restlessness of this time to dig deep and get to work creatively building your future.
Transition examples include (and often multiple situations apply at once):
- Job changes or retirement
- New jobs, new businesses or just feeling ‘stuck’
- Organizational stage changes (ex. start-up to scale-up)
- Becoming a parent, a grandparent or a parental caregiver
- Sickness and loss
- Other changes in identity, dreams and expectations
Who do you work with?
My best clients are actively in a transition and want help navigating it, or see a transition coming and want to be prepared. They also want to be part of making the world a better place.
We meet for you. We focus on your sore spots, your challenges, your concerns. Our time together will not be guided by an external curriculum or “secret 3 step” program. No gimmicks. Just the work of holistic growth. We may bring in a variety of modalities and tools, but those serve as supports and challenges along your journey. They are not the journey.
My approach is presence-based, holistic, multi-level and multi-channel. We will both look at the deeper issues below a difficult situation and also discuss practical ways to move forward.
And yes, there may be homework.
“I consider her to be one of the best,” Founder; organizational and coaching client
About Sally Blue:
20+ years in social change work
Both frontline and management experience
Strategic capacity builder
Believer in the power of transitions
- Bryn Mawr College, self-designed Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Studies (1998)
- Additional course work in the Latin American Studies Department at UT Austin
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala – internship with El Proyecto La Pedrera, an educational NGO
- Emory University, Candler School of Theology, Masters of Theological Studies, concentration in community cultivation (2000)
- Training in pastoral counseling
- Hospital chaplain, oncology and pulmonology
- Integrative Wellness Academy, Integrative Wellness and Life Coaching training (Summer and Fall 2017)
- Leadership Austin Class of 2017
- Beyond Diversity: Courageous Conversations (Fall 2018)
- Prosocial Design Workshop (Fall 2019)
- B School (Spring 2020)
Work and Community Experience
Sally has worked in a variety of settings – university offices, Girl Scout campfires, unpaved paths in the mountains of Guatemala, board rooms, and sustainable gardens, to name a few of the more than 50 transitioning orgs she has worked with to date.
She has served in both frontline and management positions, including twice as an Interim Executive Director. In 2005, she joined a nationally-recognized consulting firm where she facilitated strategic planning and visioning work, capital campaigns, and training for Boards, volunteers and staff for seven years. She founded Sally Blue Consulting in 2013 to focus on healthy, holistic transitions.
An active volunteer in the community, Sally is a graduate of Leadership Austin, a Contributing Writer to Austin Moms, past Board President of the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Austin Chapter, and a mentor for young professionals. When she’s not at theater practice with her daughter, Sally’s working on her first novel and plotting her next trip to Mexico or maybe the beach.
It is an honor to be part of the scary, dynamic, transformational process of change. It’s how we challenge each other to be our best selves – and truly make a better world.
Coach + Consultant + Guide
Email: [email protected]
Call or text: 512.417.9267